Re: [school-discuss] Some changes--part 5, SEUL/edu itself

On Sun, 18 Jan 2004, Les Richardson wrote:

> Hi Doug,
>
> > As most of you will have figured out, my previous messages were prologue
> > for a major proposal.  You will have noticed that I'm calling for the
> > end of the ISO project, the restart of the Linux in Education reports in
> > a different form under the auspices of Schoolforge, the transfer of the
> > case studies to Schoolforge, and the reorganization of the AppIndex into
> > a front end for the Freshmeat dataset and also for its transfer to
> > Schoolforge.

As far as the case studies are concerned I think any impetus gained from
moving to schoolforge can only be a good thing.

I'm hoping more people will get interested in asking academics/students to
post their papers, letters, readings, or writings to the case studies
section. We need to be as replete as possible a repository for all the
material and research related to free software in education. That means
lots of help from other people recruiting people to submit... perhaps
some people can revisit the setup we have now and inject some fresh ideas
for recruiting and acquiring more data.

I agree with whatever Doug feels.

2 cents.

 -Karl@seul