Re: [school-discuss] Linux company chalks up success with teachers

On Tue, Jan 18, 2005 at 08:00:27PM -0800, Michael Dean wrote:
> I looked at the site, and it looks like just another re-commercialized
> linux.  30 pounds. No way.  There is also a skoll linux popularin
> norwegian schools,  They will send you that for US2. which probably only
> covers their postage.

These guys' deal is it's a live-CD.  I forget, is there a SkoleLinux variant
that's bootable like that?

(Honestly, I'm not sold on the idea of a live-CD for doing this, and think
thin clients might be better... but, it may also depend on the situation...
namely, the speed (or existence!) of the school's internal network.)

-bill!