Re: [school-discuss] Wiimote Interactive Whiteboard: IR Penlight

My family got a Wii just this Christmas and I learned from this list about Johnny Lee's Wiiboard. His pen prototype lacks a great deal to be desired, especially when it comes to power. After digging around my pen/pencil drawer I found a cheap pen that had great possibilities. The internal battery is a AAAA. I cannibalized an old mouse to retrieve the momentary switch. I plan on making another one this weekend as my wife had a large stash of them at the school which she teaches. I have successfully used my prototype in a non-classroom environment but am planning to video a session with my wife's kindergarten class next week. I'll post more as I complete it.

See my pen prototype at http://k12connections.net/class/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/irpen.JPG

John Mitchell