Re: [school-discuss] project idea: open source text books

James

Have you seen
http://www.open.edu/openlearn/science-maths-technology/mathematics-and-statistics
The content on openlearn is organised as learning units, not as reference. And you can remix it!
There's also
http://www.curriki.org/

There's plenty of content out there. The problem is discoverability and quality assurance. Wikipedia has a model that engenders quality, can you apply the same model to educational texts?
The other problem is that these resources require the learner to sit in front of a desktop (although curriki does export "books").

Yishay

--
Sent from my tablet