    Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2012 00:16:55 -0800 (PST)
    From: Jim Jütte <jimjutte@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [school-discuss] Apologies for my ignorance but....
      To: "schoolforge-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <schoolforge-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi David,

Per the title... you've started a great thread and from Bryant, Jeremy and a number of other contributors came the thread on possibility of generating OA texts, but does anyone ever pick up the ball and take ownership of the projects? This is potentially an enormous undertaking with equally enormous benefits and impacts on students worldwide. More importantly, with the people I've seen here already, it has enough willing contributors to see the light of day.

Is there any sort of structure that would allow me to see how this comes about other than... I can put a little piece here on DNA or a Basic German Grammar sort of thing? For example, Micah just put in a piece about using volunteers from a whole group, Tim talked about his expertise etc... and this is just amazing... but I don't yet see how this all comes together as a project or is that something that you or someone who has been here a little longer pulls together? In other words is what I'm seeing more in line with a brainstorming session, followed by a high level plan etc etc etc.

Again... sorry for the questions, probably stemming from my project manager days a lifetime ago... I would just like to be able to contribute in a meaningful way where possible.

Cheers

Jim, BSc, BA, BEd, MBA, MA
VE3JNJ

"There is no mountain too high or ocean too deep where we should not go for children."
Cycling for Children - 2001 (12,000 kms of road and thousands of friends for one child)

----- End message from jimjutte@xxxxxxxxx -----

--
http://intknowledge.com
91 Suthisan, Dindaeng, Bangkok 10400