Re: [school-discuss] Discussion About Linux on Linkedin

Just seeing this.
There's lots of open-source software for system administration... Using Linux in a virtual machine or from a CD/DVD-ROM is another way to get into this.
What operating systems are you looking to educate on or about? There shouldn't be too much difference for everything from MS XP (for which support is about to end, anyway) to MS Windows7. MS Windows8 may have several considerations when it comes to setting up alternative operating systems.
You can search at http://sourceforge.net/ for starters. So whether you have questions about MS Windows or various Linux distributions, I can advise on what I like to use :-)

As for lesson plan, and introduction to computer basics, I would recommend doing a web search... If you have more questions, please let me know.
Are you wanting to do this in English and/or French? I'm trying to learn French...

Daniel Villarreal
http://youcanlinux.org/