From: Michael Viron
To: schoolforge-discuss@schoolforge.net
Sent: 7/11/02 11:32 PM
Subject: Re: [school-discuss] partial success integrating linux into thelocal schools

At 02:32 PM 7/11/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>> I know how it feels.  I started the General Education Online project
when I
>> was 18.  It's now grown to (a projected) 2 million + webhits this
year from
>> around 20,000 back in 1995.
>
>Good to hear.  What's your URL and I'll check it out.
>
>2 million hits.  Man I think we got 4000 last month, but we have done
no
>advertising.  I am thinking about running some TV ads on NBC, and we
are
>talking with Tech TV about getting some ads run on there as soon as it
is
>done.  We set a launch date of march 1 of next year for this to all be
>completed.  I would really  like to hear more about your project
though,
>so if you will send me your URL, I'll check it out.
>
>Thanks
>
>Jon

Jon,

The impressive thing is that all of our visitors come strictly through
word
of mouth -- we've not done any advertising.

The only expense we've incurred thus far is the fact that I purchased 2
domains for use with the project, at a combined cost of $83 for 3 years.

You can take a look at http://www.findaschool.org/ , and you can find
out
more about me at http://www.findaschool.org/~mviron/resume.php .

Michael