Re: [school-discuss] Study: Internet use can lift poor kids

This story reminds me of the Computer lab we had set up in Staten
Island. We had a lab of roughly about 20 Debian boxes in a poor area of
Staten Island, setup in the downstairs area of an Apartment building. We
taught people about the hardware, mostly adults, and we taught a
couple guys that went on past that more about linux, and we had one guy
that became quite  good. :)  We also had visits from children after
school and we even had a whole 4th grade class come in to play with the
computers. I really enjoyed doing that.

Thanks :) i know someone else sponsered that project, but just brought
back memories that were not too distant for me of a project similar,
just not scientific...

--
Jennifer Dozar
http://seul.org/~jennifer/osschools/