Re: [school-discuss] Re: [IIEP] Is David's approach a possiblesolution to Cameron's concerns?

On Mon, 2004-07-05 at 11:56, Burkhard Woelfel wrote:

> On Monday 05 July 2004 10:40, Karsten M. Self wrote:
> > on Sun, Jun 20, 2004 at 05:35:55PM -0400, Nobody
> (owner-schoolforge-discuss@schoolforge.net) wrote:
> > > [I've been receiving a lot of messages to the schoolforge-discuss
> > > mailing list from the IIEP mailing list.  I forwarded the first few of
> > > them, then stopped, as there were just too many.  I don't know it
> > > cross-posting between the two lists is a good idea.  Thoughts?  Doug]
> >
> > There's some good meat in there.  If possible, edit and trim to relevant
> > portitions.
> >
> Karsten's suggestions are good[1].

The problem is that there is a *great* amount of traffic on the IIEP
mailing list, perhaps 30-40 messages a day (I haven't counted them.).  I
don't have the time to read, edit and trim them, seeing as how I have an
actual job to do.  I suspect someone subscribed
schoolforge-discuss@schoolforge.net to the IIEP mailing list in an
attempt to be helpful, and I appreciate the inclination.  But I think it
may be best if we don't just post messages from there to here
automatically (I don't think any of our reply posts would get to their
mailing list...).  Merging the two lists would be a possibility, but it
may be best if we find out more about IIEP and have interested people
from here subscribe to their mailing list too, or agree with them to
have a joint list that serves both groups.

If anyone would like to take on the task of editing and reposting
messages from IIEP to this list let me know.  But I won't be able to do
it.

--
Doug Loss <drloss@suscom.net>