FW: [school-discuss] Passing of the torch

All,

I have a few things to mention:

1) Some member organizations are not focused on "software" per-se, but are
focused on developing open resources which may or may not also include
releases of open-source software.  (General Education Online, for example,
is developing an open-resource database of higher education facilities
around the world, but also releases the framework of the site as
open-source).

2) Is it possible in the new membership framework to indicate which members
are founding members of schoolforge?  If I remember correctly, the initial
press release mentioned that there were 26 founding member organizations of
schoolforge who deserve to be recognized for getting the ball rolling.  We
might be able to find the info via www.archive.org .

3) Will the membership be shown the "beta" site prior to launch?  If I'm not
mistaken, this is something that should be discussed between the
representatives of the various groups via the schoolforge-core mailing list,
which is designed for "coalition management", per the current operating
procedures available online at http://www.schoolforge.net/procedures.php.

4) Finally, will schoolforge-core continue to be the mailing list for
"coalition management" as originally agreed upon, or is schoolforge-core
being retired?

Thank you,

Michael Viron
President & CEO