Re: [school-discuss] [Fwd: How could we be part of this]

Wow! 100 schools. I'm interested.

This is very exciting to me. I'm working on a such a curriculum for a school
here in Thailand over the summer and will gladly make it available, such as it
is, to these schools. I plan to use abiword, The Gimp, Mozilla and Amaya
heavily as well as downloadable free Web reference sources such as Gutenberg.
I also plan to arrange it all so that skills will be learned within the
context of projects, not in isolation. (This is in keeping with current
educational trends.) I Would love to work with others who are interested and
if this group or any other is interested in using and hopefully contributing
and enriching and improving what I start, then that might be a good open
source-style project.

Seems like we should hook up as advisors to an NGO. Which ones deal in tech --
that mention of the Grameen Bank the other day on this list was definitely on
track.

David
==

--