[school-discuss] Fwd: Re: [seul-edu] Fwd: etc... broadcast : all about global warming

Subject: Re: [seul-edu] Fwd: etc... broadcast : all about global warming
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 13:18:54 -0500
From: mike eschman <meschman@engima.com>
To: Ken Barber <pundit@teleport.com>

On Thursday 20 June 2002 11:56 am, you wrote:
> What, pray tell, does this have to do with Linux in schools?

we are preparing 5 45 minute segments that can be used in classes
here in louisiana, on the impacts of global warming.

the local school districts (on the u.s. gulf coast)  can integrate
field trips with federal, state and local personnel.  they will have the
opportunity to participate in measurement activities for local sea-level and
rain-fall variation.

it is a federal effort with state participation.

this is the only local opportunity for honors students to participate in
an on-going scientific effort by local federal aeancies to collect data and
construct simulations that attempt to predict future impacts (on global
warming).

there is no other local venue funded to perform real science with k-12
particpation, so it is a good venue for our schools.

but it certainly also has global implications.

what's fringe about government efforts to mediate global warming effects ?

you obviously made a determination without the courtesy of reviewing
the materials before engaging your mouth (in writing, at least).

that's ok, but do your homework first, in future.

mike eschman, etc...
"Not just an afterthought ...
http://www.etc-edu.com/