Re: [school-discuss] FW: Microsoft Upgrade Advantage, Select Agreements(fwd)

Sorry to reply to my own email, but I was continuing reading down the
page and realized that there is no mention of Select and Open going
away.  That was the impression that I had, but it doesn't appear to be true.

The cut off date is for older Select and Open licenses -- after July 31,
you can only order Software Assurance with new Select or Open licenses.
  What they seem to be doing is offering Upgrade Advantage so that you
can get your old licenses current, and then offering Software Assurance
to keep your licenses current.

So (if I'm now reading this right) if you have older licenses in Select
or Open, the only way to upgrade from here on out will be to buy a new
full license (either School Agreement or Select).  Which means that your
reseller is probably right -- getting up to speed now is probably a lot
cheaper (if not particularly well-timed).

Head ... hurts ....

Matt

--
Matt Drew