Re: [school-discuss] Parents willing to pay a premium for Linuxservice

On Thu, 2003-06-12 at 10:16, Richard Smedley wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-06-12 at 09:05, ian wrote:
>
> > Thanks for your views. The main difficulty is getting contact with those
> > parents open to Linux without spending an absolute fortune on
> > advertising. If I knew how to do that here in the UK, I would be doing
> > it ;-).
>

> Hello Ian,
>
> If you have the boxes, and are ready to
> roll with delivering them, there's more
> than one way to advertise.

Sharp intake of breath :-) No sensible small system builder has boxes
ready to deliver. JIT mate. Build to order. Prices are too volatile to
hold stock.

> How about getting review boxes to the
> appropriate press (papers, educational
> mags, computer mags)?

I'm just wary of the time it takes to do all this and how productive it
will be, potential damage if it goes wrong etc. However, I realise that
getting some Linux boxes reviewed in PCW etc would be no bad thing.
Really busy at present but it needs to go on the to-do list. I need to
win the lottery to properly capitalise the business :-).

--
ian <ian.lynch2@ntlworld.com>