RE: [school-discuss] English teacher apps

Please remove me from this list.  I have recieved more viruses threw this
list than anywhere else in my computing journies.

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-schoolforge-discuss@schoolforge.net
[mailto:owner-schoolforge-discuss@schoolforge.net]On Behalf Of robin
Sent: Thursday, June 03, 2004 9:01 PM
To: schoolforge-discuss@schoolforge.net
Subject: Re: [school-discuss] English teacher apps

robin wrote:
[snip]

> I've released the code at
> <http://www.bilkent.edu.tr/~robin/awlcheck.tar.gz>. Have a look at it,
> and let me know if you find any bugs, or if you have ideas for improving
> it. The package does not include the word lists. You can find the
> sublists of the AWL at
> <http://www.vuw.ac.nz/lals/staff/averil-coxhead/awl/frequent.html> or
> you can substitute your own lists. See the README file for how to do this.
>
> I've also added an option to print out a list of all the words which
> were found.

Apologies to anyone who uploaded the code immediately - there was a typo
in the file which caused it to remove massive chunks of text from files
instead of just the HTML tags - the version on the server now doesn't
have this problem.

I'm still looking for a better way to process HTML files. The method it
currently uses is extremely crude (s/<*>//g). This means that HTML files
  give scores somewhat higher than they should. I'll try and do
something with HTML::Parse soon.

Sir Robin

--
"I'm very into Britney Spears' early work, before she sold out, so
mostly her, um, finger painting and macaroni art."

Robin Turner
IDMYO
Bilkent Universitesi
Ankara 06533