Re: [school-discuss] Can some one pls. answer this Q. for me.

Doug Loss wrote:

On Mon, 2004-06-21 at 17:39, John Williams wrote:

Hi folks,

I want to know if there is a multi-email sender programs for linux
that can send a message to thousands if not millions of email address.
And if so where can I find it.

How to put this politely...What you're asking for is a spamming
program. Such things undoubtedly exist for Linux or could be created
fairly easily. But using such a thing is a great social evil, and we
shouldn't promote them at all. It's far better to create a mailing list
that people can remove themselves from if they don't want to see your
messages.

I totally agree with Doug, and I was hoping that someone would say it. If you want to communicate to an audience, they'll more likely listen if they want to listen ... not if they are bombarded by marketing information. Email lists are great, but you should also think about RSS or Atom feeds. You may not get the same audience, but if you have a worthwhile message, it will get out there eventually. Of course, I am not sure what message you intend to convey, so I am not 100% if that would be appropriate.