Re: [school-discuss] computer training materials for africa

The course is a 2 month night course teaching the basics of computers. i.e. from the very beginning....

Introduction to your workstation
Introduction to computer technology
Using the PC, Keyboard Skills
Windows XP
Overview of PC Software
Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.
Problem Solving & Troubleshooting

The current notes are copyright Mandevco Consultants. Originally, produced from a company in Australia.

Currently, the programme is heavily focused on Microsoft technology. I dont suspect they would be willing to change that at this stage.

The current notes cover DOS, Windows 3.1 and Windows NT.

We need to bring them up to date.

Any help/suggestions would be most appreciated

Jamie

Doug Loss wrote:

Jamie wrote:

i am working with a small ngo based in johannesburg. they run some very successful computer training programmes for underprivileged people in alexandra township.

[...]

are there any training materials available for computer instruction that have no royalty/license fee attached?
if not, why not create an online wiki do this?

they are in need of training notes. how can we help them?

What sort of training do they do? General familiarization with computers, training in generic categories (word processing, spreadsheets, etc.), training in the use of specific programs (MS Word, Excel, etc.)? More detail will help us find (or create, if none exists) the materials they can use.

Doug Loss