[school-discuss] computer training materials for africa

hi everyone

this is the first time i've posted to this list, so please excuse me if this is out of context.

i am working with a small ngo based in johannesburg. they run some very successful computer training programmes for underprivileged people in alexandra township.

they are currently working off a training programme developed in Australia. the notes are really out of date now and are heavily Microsoft focused. their experience has been that student prefer teacher<->pupil interactive learning rather than using automated program that guides them.

my question is as follows:

are there any training materials available for computer instruction that have no royalty/license fee attached?
if not, why not create an online wiki do this?

they are in need of training notes. how can we help them?

jamie