Re: [school-discuss] computer training materials for africa

At 11:42 AM 6/7/06 +0200, you wrote:
>hi everyone
>
>this is the first time i've posted to this list, so please excuse me if
>this is out of context.
>
>i am working with a small ngo based in johannesburg. they run some very
>successful computer training programmes for underprivileged people in
>alexandra township.
>
>they are currently working off a training programme developed in
>Australia. the notes are really out of date now and are heavily
>Microsoft focused. their experience has been that student prefer
>teacher<->pupil interactive learning rather than using automated program
>that guides them.
>
>my question is as follows:
>
>are there any training materials available for computer instruction that
>have no royalty/license fee attached?
>if not, why not create an online wiki do this?
>
>they are in need of training notes. how can we help them?
>
>jamie

A basic intros in:
- setting up a Linux server
- basic tekst for networking with Winodws workstations

You might find something of use; ymmv.
http://serveratschool.net/doc/
dirk

Our OSS/GPL projects for elementary schools:
- Site@School (Website Content Management System):
  http://siteatschool.sourceforge.net

- ServerAtSchool (Server-client system):   http://serveratschool.net
  ServerAtSchool Dutch: http://serveropschool.nl