Re: [school-discuss] F/LOSS ghosting like Norton Ghost

On 05/31/2010 06:01 PM, Marc Lijour wrote:
Hi,

Do you know of any FLOSS alternative to Norton Ghost? How do you image
your computers?

http://www.fsarchiver.org/
http://partclone.org/

Fsarchive is file-level, partclone is filesystem level. I'd look at partclone over partimage. Partimage hasn't seen a release in a long time. Partclone is developed by the developers of clonezilla, I think.

For an entire integrated system, someone has already mentioned clonezilla. There's also systemimager.

http://wiki.systemimager.org

If you have to image an Windows systems, FOG specializes in this.

http://www.fogproject.org/

--
All the best,
Brian Pitts