[school-discuss] Learning Management Systems

Title: Learning Management Systems

Greetings all,

I am new to the whole open source area. My background is in the development & management of State funded online learning resources.  Our focus is on good learning design rather than the latest whistles and bells (although we are not adverse to them if used purposefully).

Are there any mature Learning Management Platforms currently available that can offer a level of functionality and polish equivalent to  the commercial offerings such as  Topclass, WebCT, Blackboard, Click2Learn-Aspen etc.  Alternately who are best and brightest teams currently developing.

cheers
Cameron Nichol
Project Manager - Online Content

Important - This email and any attachments may be confidential. If received in error, please contact us and delete all copies. Before opening or using attachments check them for viruses and defects. Regardless of any loss, damage or consequence, whether caused by the negligence of the sender or not, resulting directly or indirectly from the use of any attached files our liability is limited to resupplying any affected attachments. Any representations or opinions expressed are those of the individual sender, and not necessarily those of the Department of Education Employment and Training.