RE: [school-discuss] Learning Management Systems

The LMS system at MIT is being designed for a higher education environment. You might (especially if you are more interested in k-12) chekc out Shadow netWorkspace.  I wouldn'y use the word "mature" but it is being used....

You can learn more about it at sns.internetschools.org.

If you click on the tab for RESEARCH you can read a document some of ouor graduate students  put together last year reviewing about 50 or so projects called "systems similar to shadow"

Jim Laffey