Re: Schoolforge FAQ (was Re: [school-discuss] First ProgrammingLanguage)

On Sat, 9 Mar 2002, Doug Loss wrote:

>Roman Suzi wrote:
>>
>> Doug, do we have Frequently Discussed Topics on SchoolForge
>> by any chance? ;-)
>>
>No, we don't, but that would be a good idea I think.  How about it
>folks?  Although schoolforge-discuss has been in operation for just a
>couple of months, many of you have been discussing using open resources
>in education for quite a while longer on various other lists.  What
>questions seem to come up regularly?  Can we get the answers to those
>questions compiled so we can put up a web page and point people to it?
>Let's see if we can get something that all of the projects can use to
>point people to for the standard questions, and that can perhaps be
>expanded into implementation guides if we think that's a good idea.

SEUL/Edu is not the only list where discussions were made on the topic of
SchoolForge. Probably, all SchF parties could recall their pet discussions
and their outcomes and contribute.

First of all, posting guideline should mention a www-location where
FAQ is located. Some topics are religious:

Linux vs. Windows
Debian vs. RedHat vs. SuSe ...
Perl vs. Python vs. Java ...
GUI vs. CLUI

We all know them: they spark from time to time in one place
or another...

Still, people need information to make decisions.

Sincerely yours, Roman Suzi
--
_/ Russia _/ Karelia _/ Petrozavodsk _/ rnd@onego.ru _/
_/ Sunday, March 10, 2002 _/ Powered by Linux RedHat 6.2 _/