[school-discuss] New Schoolforge Members

Dear New Schoolforge Applicants and Members,

Welcome to Schoolforge!

I'm writing to you to explain a couple of things new members must do and I'm
copying this message to the schoolforge-discuss list so other members know who
the new ones are. The list of the five most recent applicants is below. Doug,
would you do the honors and subscribe the new orgs. to the schoolforge-core
mailing list, please?

***Info for New Members***

First, please go to http://schoolforge.net/sfdiscuss.php if you haven't alreay,
and subscribe to the schoolforge-discuss mailing list.

Secondly, please also one of the schoolforge logos to a prominent place on your
organization's Web site and link it to http://schoolforge.net/.

Third, make sure that you have read the operating procedures at
http://schoolforge.net/membership.php

Questions can be addressed to the schoolforge-core@schoolforge.net address after
you have been subscribed.

Again, Welcome to Schoolforge. The recent additions bring our membership to 58
58 organizations from 19 countries, the newest being Pakistan. It's a pleasure
to meet you all.

***RECENT ADDITIONS TO SCHOOLFORGE MEMBERSHIP***

*Association For Free Software

The AFFS is an organisation setup in the UK to promote Free Software to users,
business and Government We are a new organisation, but already planning to lobby
on behalf of Free Software in education.

http://www.affs.org.uk
Richard Smedley - richard.smedley@futurenet.co.uk

*I.D.E.A.L. Technology Corporation

I.D.E.A.L. stands for Integration Development  Education All Linux. We are
a Linux and Open Source focused consulting services company. The company is
three years old, profitable and the fifth fastest growing high tech company in
CentralFlorida according to the Orlando Business Journal. Customers include the
Army STRICOM, Lockheed Martin, Intersil, SGI, IBM and Toshiba plus many smaller,
regional companies. The relavent area of focus for SchoolForge is in using Linux
       thin client technologies to assist in lowering the computer costs in
education.

http://www.idealcorp.com/
Anthony Awtrey tony@idealcorp.com

*Melbourne Linux Users Group, Inc.

The MLUG is committed to advocating Linux and other Open Source software in and
around Melbourne, Florida. Our groups mission is to support Linux's use by
individuals, organizations, schools and businesses.

http://www.mlinux.org/
Anthony Awtrey - aawtrey@mlinux.org

*OpenUmbrella

Open Umbrella (OU) is a non-profit organization created to promote the
adoption and use of open source software and related technologies. The programs
of OU target public education and technical support of open source software with
special emphasis on use in the public schools, small enterprises and other
non-profit organizations. OU is a catalyst for change, pushing for the support
and acceptance of open source in all aspects of mainstream society by enchancing
life-long career development, quality content and training, technical support
and local community infrastructure. Our Mission is to promote the adoption and
use of open software and related technologies and to provide a model for the
global development of similar organizations.

http://www.openumbrella.org
Wendy Chambers - wchambers@openumbrella.org

*St. Mary's English School, Pasrur

Pasrur is a remote area of Pakistan. We have just taken a step ahead to educate
the people of Pasrur. We are working on two areas, 1. to educate the parents, 2.
to educate the children.
http:// (No URL Yet)
Fr. Tariq Iscca - kentariq@yahoo.com

*User Friendly Developers Association

We are a network of developers who have taken a pledge to make the world a
better place with technology that is easy to use, secure, reasonably priced and
bug free.

http://ufda.net
Chris Calise - chris@oip.net

--