Re: [school-discuss] New Schoolforge Members

David Bucknell wrote:

> Dear New Schoolforge Applicants and Members,
>
> Welcome to Schoolforge!

Thank you.

[snip]

> ***RECENT ADDITIONS TO SCHOOLFORGE MEMBERSHIP***
>
> *Association For Free Software
>
> The AFFS is an organisation setup in the UK to promote Free Software to users,
> business and Government We are a new organisation, but already planning to lobby
> on behalf of Free Software in education.
>
> http://www.affs.org.uk
> Richard Smedley - richard.smedley@futurenet.co.uk
[snip]

Hello all,

As the above says we are a newly-formed (yet to be officially "launched")
organisation to promote Free Software in the UK. Aiming to lobby
government
and businesses, and to build a membership of keen advocates and supporters
of Free Software.

Education is, of course, a particular interest for many of us. After
several
failed projects to promote Free Software in schools in the UK, I hope
that
tieing it in to a larger campaigning group (the AFFS) will help to build
support and maintain momentum.

Anyone in the UK with an interest in the work of the AFFS is invited to join
the discussions on the fsfe-uk mailing list
http://mail.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/fsfe-uk

- Richard

--

Richard Smedley