[school-discuss] audio enabling the gutenberg collection

hello,

Is their any interest in donating computer time on linux systems with ftp
access to the internet ? The purpose will be to audio enable the gutenberg
collection, using emacspeak/viavoice technology.  We have a working
production facility.  I think we can manage 9-12 books a year without
funding.  we can fund a book for $5-10,000.

All offered works are indexed by a search engine and a Table of Contents.
The books are printable.

The product packages a chapter of a classic Sience Fiction, Action, Novel or
Play with licensed music @ mono/11025/.mp3 as an overture and sometimes an
epilog. Each Chapter, section ... gets about 30 minutes as an entertainment.
We have packaged 20th Century jazz and classical music appreciation
as a thematic partner to the study of the written work.

The product can be delivered in .crd, .mp3 and .wav. Emacspeak on a laptop
acts as a portable reader.  batch processing for viavoice is operational.
we also have a working mix-down desktop. we expect vcd with scrolling text
and dolby 5.1 sound ( first one, then the other ) this year.

We have a working broadcast facility.

This collection would fetch a one-time fee per book, paid by vendors.
The vendors have unrestricted, non-exclusive rights to a book - one year
after the one time fee is paid.

visit http://www.engima.com.
Compare episode three to seven, eight and nine for "The Time Machine".

thank you.

Mike Eschman, etc...
"Not just an afterthought ...