[school-discuss] OLPC success story

This was posted on my local LUG, was too good not to forward, pardon me if I missed it on the Schoolforge list. Says the OLPC concept key benefits are 1) kids sharing (initially ideas, then even physical things, even in impoverished schools), 2) kids contributing (extending teaching materials beyond the curriculum provided by the Ministry of Ed), and 3) observability of the benefits of schooling by parents in the home (thereby alleviating partially the concern of poorer parents that kids need to help out 100% of their home time around the farm rather do school work). Very enlightening. Daniel

http://radian.org/notebook/astounded-in-arahuay

--
Daniel Howard
President and CEO