And Gary Dunn responded to Jim:

You need to raise your expectations. Almost nothing
I want is available, commercial or FOSS.

Could you elaborate, Gary? Your site at openslate.net
provides some clues, I think, but I would like more
details about what you believe is lacking. Not that
I'm about to jump in and write it overnight--certainly
not all by myself--but I think it would be useful to
understand the dissatisfactions that exist. After all,
"dissatisfactions" should really be just another way
of saying "opportunities." :-)

Joel

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search. http://tools.search.yahoo.com/newsearch/category.php?category=shopping