[school-discuss] Re: [seul-edu] Another threat

Matt Drew wrote:

[snip]

> Does anyone know if there is an OpenOffice or StarOffice certification?

Certificates of competence of open source products would be a good,
first step. The design and development of materials, and even the
process for giving the exam could even be performed in an "open source"
manner, too.

For example, using some of our educational testing software, we could
create exams and study materials on particular products. These could be
freely available for practice. We could also make available the
procedure for taking the exams, so that any school could freely give the
exams, and certify their teachers.

In the long run, we may want to also address the problem of certifying
knowlegde of particular products, rather than testing for more general
concepts. But that's a harder problem...

-Doug

--
Douglas S. Blank,         Assistant Professor
dblank@brynmawr.edu,            (610)526-6501