[school-discuss] Announcing Edutisements

Thanks to Les Richardson and Doug Loss for their work on the SEUL
Application Index, I would like to introduce a new service for testing
for the Schoolforge and SEUL members.

This new service is what we call Edutising: advertising for educational
free and open source software, organizations, and events. Our basic goal
is to attempt to raise free/open source software to the level of
commercial software by giving people the power and tools to market them.

The place is http://edvisor.org  Feel free to browse the products. Maybe
you'll see something you haven't seen before. But, please feel free to
create advertising graphics for these products. You can also put links
on your pages that pull random ads off of our server.

You don't (currently) need any passwords, and so it operates much like a
Wiki Wiki Web (honor code, and backups). So, you can edit other people's
ads, and create new ones based on other's work.

If this looks like a useful service, we'll add reviews to the site, and
make it possible to mirror the ad database so that it won't be necessary
to hit our server, thereby distributing the load.

Thanks,

-Doug

--
Douglas S. Blank,         Assistant Professor
dblank@brynmawr.edu,            (610)526-6501