Re: [school-discuss] [Fwd: Vabilo k raziskavi]

Le dim 26/05/2002 à 14:53, Damir Uj?i? a écrit :
> Dne torek 21. maj 2002 18:30 ste napisali:
> > I just received this from someone in Slovenia, and I have absolutely
> > no idea what it says.  Normally I'd throw it away, but it appears to
> > be coming from someone at the University of Ljubljana.  Can anyone
> > help me by translating it?  Thanks!
> >

> Nothing important. Some questionary about internet (well, www) and its
> impact on society.
>
> Don't expect to hear something interesting (for this list) from
> Slovenia - we are completely M$. It's enough to say that next year they
> plan to teach Access (it was SQL when I was student, couple years ago).
>
> Next, new hardware schools are buying must be on MS HCL, and MS Windows
> 98 SE Slovenian installed.
> And so on...
>

> I'm computer assistant at local primary school, and I set up (and
> maintain) two linux servers (samba, mail, internet). Saved lots of
> money to our school, but nobody seems to care - 80% of software is
> pirated in our country.
>
> I want to help other schools too, but they are happy as is (hunting
> and deleting viruses, constantly rebooting and reinstalling windows,
> teaching how to use ms word, ms excel, ms powerpoint, ms access).
>
> Well, MS did great thing in 1995 - they translated windows and office
> to slovenian. Now, nobody wants to use software in some foreign
> language.

Please, Think twice. People expect to have software in their languages
but you are a small country and only a few software are translated.
With free software, you can freely maintain and provide translations.

For example, I am the author of gcompris, you can translate it in
slovenia and propose it to the scools you know.
By the way, other small contry like lithuania are doing it this way.

I don't know but I bet there is not many full featured edu-application
already translated in slovenia.

Hope it helps,
Bruno.