Re: [school-discuss] Scribus Publishing anyone reviewed?

Matt,
I looked at Scribus a several weeks ago. One of the problems I had with it
is that the documentation was for version .4.8 or something, while the
current release is .7.3. Since the changes have largely been major
feature additions, I didn't pursue Scribus with any depth, as I didn't
have time to whistle in the dark trying to figure out how everything
worked.

Scribus *has* been consistently and regularly updated, and I think it will
be a fine product when completed and if good documentation is
written.

For me, it's been one of those projects I've kept half an eye on with
the idea that it might be really useful someday.  Would I include it
in Blue Linux now if it were me?  Probably not yet--I would wait for
better docs and a more mature product (say a .9 release).

Do I think it will eventually be worth inclusion?  Definitely yes.

Regards,
Gary Frankenbery
Grants Pass High School
Grants Pass, OR