Re: [school-discuss] Info about Clic.

Le jeu 30/05/2002 à 23:01, Manuel Gutierrez Algaba a écrit :
> El Jue 30 May 2002 19:34, escribió:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have evaluated Clic software.
> > It worked out directly after download on a RedHat 7.3 with wine
> > installed (default RedHat 7.3 wine).
> > I had no problem to play with it but it freezed when I tried to create
> > my own content.
> >
> > Now we have to take care that this software is a proprietary freeware so
> > it is not a porting but a reverse engineering of their system that you
> > need to do.
> > Now, event is you create a compatible Clic player on Linux, then you may
> > have trouble trying to distribute their activity packages because you
> > won't have the right to.
> >
> > Now in terms of feature, I may be biased but gcompris is a very good
> > alternative you should consider.
> > It as now over 30 activities, a very good framework (XML, plugin, gnome,
> > ...). It is also designed to let user create content without having to
> > code. It is in place but we lack the graphical editor today (help needed
> > ;)
> > But gcompris is also open to coders which mean that you don't have to
> > stick to a limited predefined kind of activity (like crosswords,
> > association, ...).
>
> You should submit gcompris to www.xtec.es   I didn't have a clue that
> gcompris was that , and that that was available for Linux....
>
> ---
> MGA

Sorry, I don't speak spanish, I can't navigate and use this web site.
As a general rule, I try to avoid to register myself to by country web
site, unless it does not require maintenance for each release.
I would like to note that we have a new version of gcompris about every
months. If I had to update 10 web sites in different country, it would
be too painfull so I limit me to sourceforge, gnome and freshmeat.
I think that local web site are extremely valuable but these need to be
maintained locally by gcompris fans ;)

Bruno.