Re: [school-discuss] Blender teaching resources?

I would like to learn Blender as well.  Next year I will have 3
animation classes and I would like to start with simple Gimp animation,
move to K3D, and then on to Blender and Houdini Apprentice.  I plan to
change my website from linuxined.org to linuxinartsed.org and
concentrate on teaching graphics, animation, music composition software
stuff.

I owe this list a long letter about our Linux in Education Spring
Conference.  It was great.  Our speakers were fabulous.  Attendance was
small, but many of those attending were able to contribute.  I learned
so much.  Here at the end of the school year, I am busy teaching my
students to use LyX.  I am passing out Knoppix 3.2 CDs like crazy.  I
have almost passed out 300 of them, and hope to distribute 200 more
before the end of the school year.  I am glad to hear that the folks who
are going to this big technology conference are going to pass out
Knoppix CDs.  I think it is key to our "Linux Evangelism."

I have also been playing political activist.  In the state of Texas,
there is a bill in the senate that will advocate open source software.
The senator pushing for it is really hot.  I have emailed state
senators, sent letters, faxed letters, and even sent Knoppix CDs to the
senate committee members who are pondering SB1579.  It looks good so
far.

I am emotionally going from thrilled to angry.  Thrilled every time I
learn some new wonderful thing, and angry that the technology people in
my district are ignoring Linux.  One of the guys that services my campus
did come back to me and say that the Knoppix CD is great and got another
one for a friend - that was good.

However, I was angry to see them upgrading the Groupwise email - at the
same time they are cutting teachers in our district.  Now it is
unethical.  . . . to use expensive proprietary software, at the expense
of our children.

I am pissed.

Will write more about the conference later and also give you the links
to the slide shows of the sessions.

Got to check on the babies now . . .

Marilyn

>>> ipaterson@shaw.ca 05/17/03 8:11 PM >>>
Does anyone have any teaching resources for use with Blender? It's got a
fairly steep learning curve, and anything will help lessen it.

--
Ian
http://www.ipaterson.ca