Re: [school-discuss] Kids and Linux

On Wed, 2003-05-21 at 17:45, Paul Coelho wrote:
> Hi:
>
>    If this is a newby question I apologize in advance.  Is there a mechanism
> by which to get kids - mine 7 & 9yrs - exposed to the Linux OS short of
> purchasing a system to run it at home?  Any resources you can point me to -
> Linux OS training for kids - would be appreciated.

Get either the OSEF <http://harry.osef.org/~micros/knoppix.iso> or the
FreeDuc <http://www.ofset.org/projects/edusoft/edusoft.html> bootable
Linux CDs; they're both based on Knoppix, and have numerous programs for
children on them.  You can boot the computer from the CD and be in a
total Linux environment, without affecting the hard drive on the
computer at all.  When you shut it down and restart without the CD,
you'll be back in Windows (or whatever OS is on it).

--
If this helped you please take the time to rate the value
of this post; just click on the Affero link below.

http://svcs.affero.net/rm.php?r=drloss

Doug Loss              All you need in this life is
drloss@suscom.net      ignorance and confidence,
                       and then success is sure.
                         Mark Twain