[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
[school-discuss] Release 6.0
The gcompris version 6.0 is online now.
The big news is the windows version and it's fee based
model. The approach I choosed is to provide a limited binary version and
let users if they want, get the full version for a fee. I hope it's a
good solution between a need for money, the free software and the linux
users and contributors. Hope everybody will be happy with this.
The changelog is huge:
Now gcompris uses SDL Mixer library for the sound output. This should
solve many sound (and even gcompris) startup issues.
* No more need libassetml. It's now included. It makes the packaging
and installation easier.
* Two new activities from Christof Petig and Ingo Konrad: algorithm
* New activity from Jose Jorge: Order the pictures to tell the story
* New map in the geography activity: france region (by J.Ph. Ayanides)
* Complete review of the english strings by Adam Weinberger
* Added italian voices by Gabriella and Francesco Agrusti.
* Added spanish alphabet voices (the asstml-rpm was not provided.)
* Reworked french voices (normalized audio level)
* Many little improvements all around, bug fixes and graphical changes
* Now gcompris also works on windows. No licence changes have been
made, it's still GPL and the complete source code is provided. To
further support gcompris, only a limited binary version is provided.
You can access the complete version for a fee.
* To install the windows version, you must first download and install
the GTK runtime.
* Microsoft Windows 98/ME/NT/2000/XP
* At least 32 megabytes of RAM
* At least a Pentium-class processor
* About 60 megabytes of free hard disk space
* At least 256 color depth
* Adam Weinberger (en_CA)
* Francisco Javier F. Serrador (es)
* Gabor Kelemen (hu)
* Gareth Owen (en_GB)
* G Karunakar (hi)
* Gnome PL Team (pl)
* Jose Jorge (pt)
* Kjartan Maraas (no)
* Miloslav Trmac (cs)
* Ronny Standtke (de)
* Tino Meinen (nl)
* Velonis Petros (el)
* Viviani Ap. dos Santos (pt_BR)