Re: [school-discuss] Scratch Programming Language

OK--let's review what's happened here. . . .

Way back at the beginning of May, I mentioned on this list the
existence of the Scratch programming language, which has this as its
primary web site:

http://scratch.mit.edu/

Shortly afterwards, Roberto asked:
>Which is the age of people addressed by scratch?

In reply, I posted the URL of this page . . .

http://scratch.mit.edu/pages/educators

. . . along with a specific quote from the page:

"It is intended especially for 8- to 16-year-olds, but younger
children can work on Scratch projects with their parents or older
computer science classes."

Now Stephen Downes has written:
> No idea. Young? 5-10?

Apparently, Stephen somehow caught Roberto's question while at the
same time missing my reply to it.

On this list, we are supposed to be people who are skilled in at
least two fields: technology and education. I would think that
organization and attentiveness to detail are extremely useful in both
areas. Are we setting a good example for the students? :-)

Joel

in the all-new Yahoo! Mail Beta.