Re: [school-discuss] SchoolForge newsletter?

Great idea; it should definitely start on the Web site, don't you think?

----- Message from Justin Riddiough <jriddiough@xxxxxxxxx> ---------
    Date: Mon, 7 May 2012 09:26:41 -0700
    From: Justin Riddiough <jriddiough@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [school-discuss] SchoolForge newsletter?
      To: schoolforge-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi,

I was looking through some of the profiles of people that have recently signed up on the SchoolForge website and a lot of people are putting that their reason for joining was to contribute to FLOSS projects.

This makes me wonder if we should put out a monthly newsletter.  I don't have the time to do it, but what I would imagine is that a few different projects could be highlighted each month, and the project leader could explain what they do and what resources they could use from people - development, graphics, user interface reviews..etc.  Then there could be a sort of secondary bit that is more of a 'classified' section where people can post general requests for assistance.

If we can connect volunteers with FLOSS projects while also having a format that explains what the project does to non-dev people, that would be excellent.  Perhaps it could be integrated into the website as well.  If anyone would like to do something like this, we can chat and review it with the core team in further detail.  Otherwise, we can just leave it on the back of the table as a nice thing we could do some day..

Justin

http://intknowledge.com
91 Suthisan, Dindaeng, Bangkok 10400
Thailand: 084 329 1183; 02 693 8144
Outside Thailand: +66 84 329 1183 (cell); +66 2 693 8144