RE: [school-discuss] Student Information Systems

I was already fully aware of the troubled and failed PSE version.
PowerSchools future is certainly a concern of ours.  Maxing out at 10K
students is not a problem for our active students of 450 but we grow by 25
every year with with max size of 875.  At that point active and inactive
students could easily max out this number.

<flip side>
Thank you for all of your suggestions but I havn't seen anything in them
that comes close to touching the tools in PowerSchool.

I am all for open source!  I am all for "control."  In fact that leads to
one of the things that I love about PowerSchool.  It is web based and
totally editable.  Drop what you don't want add what you need.  Totally
configurable to our schools needs.

If I could - I would write PowerSchool and make it open source but after I
had spend the time and effort I couldn't afford to.
</flip side>

We are still in the deciding phase - always looking.

Doug