RE: [school-discuss] Student Information Systems

Hi Doug,

> I am all for open source!  I am all for "control."  In fact that leads to
> one of the things that I love about PowerSchool.  It is web based and
> totally editable.  Drop what you don't want add what you need.  Totally
> configurable to our schools needs.
>
> If I could - I would write PowerSchool and make it open source but after I
> had spend the time and effort I couldn't afford to.

Well, you could help me write Open Admin for Schools. I'm writing it for a
couple of school divisions. It was originally an elementary school admin
package for small elementary schools (< 500 or so) (it's in use in 3
division's elementary schools), but now I'm adapting it for K-12 schools
and high school use.

It's entirely web based, written in perl, and uses a MySQL backend. You
could adapt it for use in your school...

Do you know perl? <grin, tongue firmly in cheek />

Les Richardson