Re: [school-discuss] Which is the fastest Desktop distro for schools?

regarding reiser, are you referring to reiser4, which I think still breaks apps, but shows major breakthrough promises? Also, keep in mind that each partition can use a different file system. So for boot up ext2, but for transactional data using postgresql or even its lighter weight brother mysql, I would still go for XFS, because of its journalling, AND finer access control. You may have a webmaster who has root privileges but you sure don't want that person changing or messing around with your database stuff. But for desktops, why get fancy? go with the thin client model, and provide sophisticated power resources for your server.

Cameron Miller wrote: