Re: [school-discuss] Wiki spam

Regarding requiring user registration to write to a wiki, Michael Shigorin
wrote:

> -- then exactly, ultimate trust just isn't for this world.
> (unless you don't belong to it...)

That is exactly what I am saying. I think that the person who objected to
requiring authentication on a wiki is thinking of Wikipedia and similar
projects that glorify allowing anyone to modify the pages. But that is not
wiki itself. Restricting the community of users is not against wiki. It is
just against some of the more famous uses of wiki technology, like
wikipedia.

For myself, I would just turn on authentication and leave it at that. If a
user has something to contribute, then he or she will register. Call me
ungenerous.