Re: [school-discuss] healthcare.gov website - started a petition

I started a petition on this topic at http://wh.gov/lBZ5T  .  Bill's site was really helpful too, because you can find out which plans you might want, but ultimately it comes back to this beastly design on the healthcare.gov website.

On 2013-11-13 12:46, marilyn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

We don't usually talk politics here . . . and I don't think we should start . . . but . .

Since I quit teaching in 2011 and could not find another job, I have been without health insurance.  I am a pretty healthy tough old chick, however . . . I fractured a bone or two in my foot digging in my garden last March.  Since I do not have insurance, I have just been toughing it out.  If I am off my feet for a day or two, it starts to heal.  But when I can't do that, it hurts like  h&%ll.    It would be so great to go to the doc and get it fixed.

I live in the U.S., and so the Affordable Health Care Act is a pretty great thing for me.  I don't know how many on this list are in my position and have gone to the site to sign up . . . . but it is the most horrible user interface on a website I have ever seen.   Honestly . . . I think someone must be paid dark money to screw it up.

I have made many websites over the years and as a teacher, created many forms for tests and quizzes.

http://healthcare.gov makes the user "save and continue" after every question.  Any web developer with a brain would create a form that all (and there are not that many) questions are answered, and then you hit "submit" at the end.  In the current design, the server is sent a save command about 50 more times than necessary.  No wonder it is so slow.    The user should be able to hit "submit" after the questions, and then upload his/her 2012 tax return pdf too.

I think we should make some "fix the form" noise.  It could be a big push for FOSS too.

I have written every email I can find about this . . . . but the website continues to suck . . . for no logical reason.

Marilyn