Re: [school-discuss] TAET Fall Convention

<snip>

At some point, you may want to expand this using a custom Knoppix cd.
It would give you a very good idea of their hardware abilities, as well
as give eveyone the same software to work with, etc.

Harry

Harry,

I have played around with Knoppix and Freeduc, both show great potential
as dedicated clients for a CMS. This is one potential direcion where DL
could be headed I think, but first  here is the task of proving to the
powers that be that something that does not require repeated capital
investment can do the job. Offer the proof of concept on a small scale
(office suites) and then move to bigger things. I'm at that initial
stage. The ability to standardize without a huge outlay is a powerful
negotiating point.

Lloyd Curtis
lcurtis@runner.csub.edu