Re: [school-discuss] Shocking news about Microsoft's ability to kill Open Source

On Friday 31 October 2003 07:10, Tom Adelstein wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm scheduled to speak at the Desktop Linux Consortium on November 10th
> at Boston University. My subject relates to Linux in State and Local
> Government, a subject about which I have some knowledge.
>
> This morning I discovered from a reliable source that we will not be
> invited back because Microsoft offered BU a Gold Partnership agreement
> and marketing money to never "do this again".

Has this been posted to slashdot yet?  I don't really read it myself, but lots
of others that would be interested in this do, and some of them my even try
to do something about it.  Oh, and lwn.net would also be a good place to post
this story.  Tends to be a bit less emotional and level-headed than slashdot.

Cheers,

Rasjid.

--
Rasjid Wilcox