Re: [school-discuss] Open-source alternatives

thanks!

Cameron Miller wrote:

Michael Dean wrote:

I am curious. why use firefox? Wouldn't it make more sense to use the full mozilla, I would think a calendar would be helpful, as would perhaps the ability of students to email within their network on work teams ,etc. Any thoughts on this?

One could use Firefox and Thunderbird, either can use the Calendar extension. The Calendar program is hoping to go stand alone eventually with the Sunbird product. When they are separated, fewer resources might be used, perhaps better in a thin client environment.

- cameron