Re: [school-discuss] Re: [IIEP] FW: Open Source Question

On Tue, Oct 19, 2004 at 02:58:00PM -0400, Benoit St-Andr? wrote:
> Sympa mailing list engine can do what you ask perfectly. Web archives,
> browsable, with permissions levels if necessary. http://sympa.org

Caution, they've broke non-latin1 subjects' encoding transition
in 4.x (and 3.x is known insecure).

We've stumbled upon that and were higly disappointed (and still
can't get the virtual robot spaghetti right -- or maybe I'm way
too dumb).

Otherwise, it's working and overall performance of sympa+mhonarc
seems better to me that the one of mailman2 (with pipermail),
especially when dealing with attachments and non-latin1 (we run
both at different locations).

Still the most significant feature that stops me moving off Sympa
is single sign-on -- usually you have one email-based "login" for
every mailing list with it.  This helps when you have some dozens
of those thingies...

--
 ---- WBR, Michael Shigorin <mike@altlinux.ru>