Re: [school-discuss] [Fwd: Homework Assignments]

Doug Loss wrote:

Please include Chuck's email address in any replies.

-------- Forwarded Message --------
From: chuck roast <chuck@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Homework Assignments
Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2005 11:18:35 -0400

Hi,

I'm looking for an online homework assignment program, preferably as a
stand alone installation or as a module of a courseware program that can
be installed very easily by a non-professional.  Instrustions for most
opensource courseware seem to omit critial steps or give inadequate
instructions.

It depends on how sophisticated you want the program to be. Here is a very simple Perl script I used for homework assignments:

http://www.bilkent.edu.tr/~robin/upload-cgi.txt

Installation is fairly simple (just a matter of editing the indicated sections in the script, then uploading it to your cgibin directory and creating another directory to store files), but if you want it to be really secure, you need to create an htaccess password for each user, which is a pain (see comments at the top of the file).

Robin