[school-discuss] Wiki spam

Hi everybody,

I installed phpwiki 1.3.9 in our Debian server and I allowed editing pages on the wiki without user autentication, in order to simplify its use. After a while, I have seen how robots have been creating new pages in my wiki with spam links.

The question is: does anybody know a way to prevent this spam without enabling user autentication?

I have read that there are ways to ban the ip rank from where I detect attacks, that maybe security improves upgrading the program, and that you can use an intermediary page that stops spammer robots ... but I cannot find an *easy* way to correct this problem.

Does anybody have some idea or experience about this fact?

Thanks, Pau.