Re: [school-discuss] Downloads: Provide FTP or HTTP?

Torrents are excellent, but a little more techy than many users will be able
to handle, so it depends on your audience - if a bittorrent client isn't
already installed, many users will not be inclined or able to install one
just to consume your content.

I believe that as torrent support is built into browsers (and routers even),
it is THE way of the future for distribution, definitely begin providing
torrents for your content today.

If you need FTP mirroring, try checking out Ibiblio for mirror support:
http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/HOW.TO.SUBMIT.html  They are a little
hesitant to host distributions, preferring applications, but they were super
gracious to create a folder for my project and I suspect that they may be
able to help you too.

Regards,
Shane

--